CHIPPEWAS OF NAWASH UNCEDED FIRST NATION BOARD OF EDUCATION
Post Secondary Coordinator
Secondary Student Services Coordinator
Kikendaasogamig Elementary School Principal
Bill Tichenoff – Principal
Language Nest Program
Polly Keeshig-Tobias – Coordinator
- Elementary Routes 1 & 2
– Secondary routes 3 & 4
Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation Board of Education
6 Harbour Road
Regular Office Hours
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
COVID-19 Safety Measures are still in effect. Please review the protocols below:
- Staff are available to assist the public by telephone or email. In-person meetings are by appointment ONLY. If you must visit the office, please call ahead to advise the staff.
- Face masks must be worn when entering the building (if you do not have a face mask, please ask our staff and one will be provided). A hand sanitizing station is available at the front entrance and must be used when entering and departing from the building.
- Please keep a safe physical distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from one another.
- Any persons wishing to enter the Board of Education office, must use this screening tool prior to entering the building to ensure it is safe for themselves and staff. Nawash Self Screening Checklist
Our mission is to foster a nurturing and supportive learning environment that inspires dedication to lifelong learning, Anishinaabemowin and the values of mino bimaadiziwin.
Building Anishinabek Success…Voices For Today and Tomorrow.
Values: 7 Grandfather Teachings
- Giiyaakwaadziwin – Honesty.
- Dbaandendizwin – Humility.
- Mshkode’ewin – Bravery.
- Nbwaakaawin – Wisdom.
- Minwaadendamowin – Respect.
- Debwewin – Truth.
- Zaagidwin – Love.
OverviewThe Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation Board of Education (CNUFNBOE) was formed in December 1993 when Chief and Council transferred educational governance and administration of education programs and services to an elected board of Trustees. The original decision was ratified by a council resolution and is periodically confirmed by a Terms of Reference between council and the board. CNUFNBOE programs and services include:
- Elementary (Kikendaasogamig Elementary School)
- Secondary (Secondary Student Support Services)
- Post Secondary (Nawash Post Secondary Assistance Program)
- Day Care (Nshiime Child and Family Centre)
- Language Nest Program
- Nawash Education Diversity Assistance Program
- Education, Language and Culture
Board of Education – Elected Board of Trustees for the 2021 - 2023 Term
Councillor Liaison: Beverley Nadjiwon
Alternate Councillor Liaison: Carlene Keeshig
|1. Nshiime Child & Family Centre||Chanice Johnston|
|2. Elementary Student Services||Amy Nadjiwon-Tobey & Anthony Pedoniquotte|
|3. Secondary Student Services||Anthony Pedoniquotte|
|4. Post Secondary Services||Anthony Pedoniquotte|
|5. Language Nest||Amy Nadjiwon-Tobey|
|6. Leadership & Administration||Chairperson & Entire Board|
Portfolio’s 1-5 incorporate: Culture, Language & Arts; Curriculum & Program Development; Student & Staff Success; Community Engagement; Policy Review & Development.
Board of Education Meetings
Board meetings are held on the first (1st) Thursday of every month from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and the third (3rd) Thursday of every month from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Special Board Meetings are held as needed. Attendees are encouraged to attend Board meetings virtually via Google Meet (online), in order to practice safe physical distancing.
Band Member Requests
Band member requests are encouraged. Please inform our office if you have a Band Member Request by submitting your written request one-week prior to a scheduled Board Meeting.
Call for Applications for the Nawash Education Diversity Assistance Program (NEDAP) is as follows: March 15-April 15; July 15-August 15; and November 15-December 15.
Note: Application submissions will be accepted at 12:00 AM on the first day of an application period, until 11:59 PM on the last day of that application period.
The Call for Applications for the Nawash Post Secondary Assistance Program is as follows:
- Fall-Winter: May 1st
- Spring-Summer: March 1st
Employment Opportunities within the Board of Education
- Ojibway Language Teacher - Opened until filled
To view the full job description of the jobs above follow this link: Employment Opportunities
Education Diversity Assistance Program
Call for Application NEDAP Mar 15 - Apr 15, 2023