Lands Manager
Larissa Johnston

Lands/Membership Clerk
Iris Ashkewe

Contact us
Chippewas of Nawash
135 Lakeshore Blvd
Neyaashiinigmiing, ON
N0H 2T0
Tel: 519-534-1689
Fax: 519-534-2130

October 2023:
Appointments are required for all Lands and Membership enquiries.
This includes meetings for status cards.

Lands Department


The Chippewas of Nawash Lands Department manages and monitors land use for Band lands located at Neyaashiinigmiing Reserve #27, Hunting Grounds 60B, Fishing Islands and other properties held and/or acquired by the Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation.



The new federal ‘Family Homes on Reserve and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act’ is now in force as of December 16, 2014.

This new law will affect land transactions such as:

Land Transfers, New land leases and permits, Lease Assignments, Estate distributions, etc

There are new additional forms required for the above transactions.
Assessments, Declarations and Spousal Consents must be filled out.
Forms are available at our office.

If you have any questions or require additional information please contact the Lands Department at 519-534-1689

Our department:

- Updates & Maintains open and archived land files
- Monitors environmental land issues for band land
- Monitors and records trespass and encroachment concerns on band land
- Monitors access permits, utility work permits, survey activity, designation processes, appraisals, etc
- Processes leasing instruments pertaining to reserve lands & administering service fees
- Assigns civic address numbers

 We assist band members with the following:

- Submission of ‘Requests for Replacements’ for Certificates of Possession
- Registration applications of land transfers, mortgages, discharges, permits, & leases
- Locating property boundaries as required & produce field sketches for proposed hatched parcels
- Assist band members with getting estimates for legal survey


The Chippewas of Nawash Membership department maintains Band Membership registration files and is responsible for:

- the issuing of certificates of Indian Status
- reporting of events including births, deaths, marriages
- processing amendments when necessary
- assists band members with applications for Certificate of Exemption Gas cards