Update: Jan. 21, 2022:
There is an active COVID-19 outbreak in Neyaashiinigmiing.
The community is currently closed to all except for residents, employees and essential services.
Band Buildings are currently closed to the public.
Essential Services such as Health and Social Assistance are still available by appointment only.
Please visit Government of Ontario for: COVID-19: Support for people | Ontario.ca
Ontario has now moved into a modified Step 2 of the Roadmap to Reopen.
Update: January 21, 2022
COVID-19 CASES IN NEYAASHIINIGMIING
ACTIVE COVID-19 CASES IN HOSPITAL
Please note discrepancies between reports from Public Health Grey Bruce and the Community Health Centre in Neyaashiinigmiing can be explained by multiple reasons:
• The province is providing millions of rapid tests to the public with no mandate to report to health units. Some of these results may or may not be reported to the health unit, the Nawash Community Health Centre or both.
• The daily number of new COVID-19 Cases is no longer a reliable indicator of the real number of cases and level of transmission in communities across Grey Bruce and the province. The Province direction has been to limit the eligibility of testing to high risk settings (hospital, long term care, first responders). This resulted in underestimate of the number of cases in the general public as most cases are not being tested.
• More precise indictors of the level of transmission is the number of hospitalized cases. (Actual cases hospitalized to treat COVID-19.)
• The active cases we (Neyaashiinigmiing) are publishing on our website & Facebook page include both PCR tests & Rapid COVID-19 tests. Grey Bruce County is only publishing positive PCR results.
• The resolved cases will also differ from data published by Public Health Grey Bruce due to the number of individuals isolating in Nawash from positive Rapid COVID-19 test results completed on the reserve.
Chief and Council are seeking more interested members who would be interested in joining the following committees: Public Works Committee Social Services/Food Bank Committee Health/Wellness Committee Native Child Welfare/Youth Mental Health Committee Recreation Committee Justice/Corrections Committee Communications Committee Matrimonial Real Property Law Committee Cultural Center Committee Policing Committee Members who are interested are to fill […]
Need help building the confidence you need to grow your small business? Or are you unsure of how to start your small business? On November 8, 2021, Nawash Social Services will be hosting a session with Contact North where you can ask questions about how to start a small business, receive help grant writing and […]
Greeting Neyaashiinigmiing Community, Chief and Council are pleased to announce that many community COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted. Community Halloween and Remembrance Day events may proceed with the following guidance as recommended by the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health. For further information on the changes to Neyaashiinigmiing COVID-19 Restrictions please see Neyaashiinigmiing COVID-19 Next Steps. HALLOWEEN […]
The Community State of Emergency will remain in effect until at least November 30, 2021. A monthly recommendation will be made by the Community Emergency Response Group to Chief and Council regarding any extension of the State of Emergency. Indoor gathering limits have been increased to 20 persons Outdoor gathering limits have been increased to […]
This clinic is to provide flu shots to all community members and residents who would like to receive one. What: Influenza Clinic Date: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 Time: 9:00AM to 4:00PM Where: Health Centre Appointments are required and can be made by calling the Health Centre at 519-534-0373. If you require transportation for your flu shot, please let the […]