Update: Jan. 21, 2022:
There is an active COVID-19 outbreak in Neyaashiinigmiing.
The community is currently closed to all except for residents, employees and essential services.
Band Buildings are currently closed to the public.
Essential Services such as Health and Social Assistance are still available by appointment only.
Please visit Government of Ontario for: COVID-19: Support for people | Ontario.ca
Ontario has now moved into a modified Step 2 of the Roadmap to Reopen.
Update: January 21, 2022
COVID-19 CASES IN NEYAASHIINIGMIING
ACTIVE COVID-19 CASES IN HOSPITAL
Please note discrepancies between reports from Public Health Grey Bruce and the Community Health Centre in Neyaashiinigmiing can be explained by multiple reasons:
• The province is providing millions of rapid tests to the public with no mandate to report to health units. Some of these results may or may not be reported to the health unit, the Nawash Community Health Centre or both.
• The daily number of new COVID-19 Cases is no longer a reliable indicator of the real number of cases and level of transmission in communities across Grey Bruce and the province. The Province direction has been to limit the eligibility of testing to high risk settings (hospital, long term care, first responders). This resulted in underestimate of the number of cases in the general public as most cases are not being tested.
• More precise indictors of the level of transmission is the number of hospitalized cases. (Actual cases hospitalized to treat COVID-19.)
• The active cases we (Neyaashiinigmiing) are publishing on our website & Facebook page include both PCR tests & Rapid COVID-19 tests. Grey Bruce County is only publishing positive PCR results.
• The resolved cases will also differ from data published by Public Health Grey Bruce due to the number of individuals isolating in Nawash from positive Rapid COVID-19 test results completed on the reserve.
UPDATE: The townhall recording is available here. The following information was forwarded to us from Grey Bruce Health Services. We urge all community members to attend the townhall if you receive a call, or listen in after 8 PM. Significant interest in Grey-Bruce COVID-19 community update prompts changes to access instructions March 18, 2020 Since […]
The new federal Family Homes on Reserve and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act is in force as of December 16, 2014. The new legislation will affect First Nations reserve land transactions such as Land Transfers, New land leases and permits, Lease Assignments, Estate distributions, etc. The law requires expanded information to complete the above transactions. […]