1860- The first schools are the No 1. School, across from the RC church, the Sydney Bay school and the little red school in Little Port Elgin.
1904- The teaching order of the Daughters of Mary arrive to teach at the No 1. School.(St.Mary’s)
1913- The girls band was formed.
1957- With inadequate class space for increasing numbers of students, the parents of the St Mary’s school petitioned the Indian Department for a new school. The department gave them a prefabricated room and a promise to build a new school in the near future.
1964- A new school is constructed for the United Church students, near dock road,the present day Economic Development Office. It has 3 rooms, a nurse’s clinic and will be the first school on the reserve to have all indoor plumbing.
1965- The Cape Croker Public School was officially opened. The students from the Sydney Bay school and the red school attend this new school. There are 72 students enrolled.
1969- Construction begins on the St Mary’s school, presently named the Cape Croker Elementary School.
1970- The new St Mary’s school is almost complete. It will have all indoor plumbing, 3 large classrooms, a kindergarten room and will be opened later in the year.
Lavalley, Nora.-Jones, Cheryl. The History of Cape Croker. Cape Croker