Ekowaamjigaadeg Inwewin ~ Language Nest Program
Community Language Development Worker
Mon: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Tue: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Wed: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Thu: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Fri: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Cape Croker United Church Manse
4 Pit Road
135 Lakeshore Blvd.
The Language Nest Program is a community based health promotion and ill-health prevention program for The Chippewas of Nawash. The program promote health thought learning-related activities that strive to increase awareness, change attitudes, build knowledge and enhance skills, that help to improve the quality of, and access to, cultural, holistic and community directed mental-health at the community level, through the Ojibwe language.
The elements of mental health activities include training, planning, consultation and information exchange.
The under the Brighter Futures funding, the Language Nest Program is intended for all members of the Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nations community.
Language Nest Activities are designed to:
- Deliver culturally appropriate and holistic community-based projects and programs to the community by training, planning, consultation and information exchange;
- Develop and circulate cultural resources materials;
- Provide training opportunities for community members;
- Help to develop positive attitudes, values and skills that have roots on their cultural heritage; and
- Adhere to Program standards and networks