The Saugeen Ojibway Nation and Bruce Power collaborate frequently on environmental matters related to the operation of the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in the SON Territory. To keep the SON membership informed, the SON Environment Office is holding an online information session to share how that engagement is taking place and the benefits of engagement to the SON and our environment.
The Saugeen Ojibway Nation Environment Office is inviting all SON members to a virtual information session, to learn more about the SON-Bruce Power Isotope Partnership.
Date: Monday, March 22, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Registration: Register Online
Register by March 15 to have your name included into a grand prize draw!
Speakers will include:
- Chief Lester Anoquot, Saugeen First Nation
- Chief Greg Nadjiwon, Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation
- Mike Rencheck, President & CEO, Bruce Power
- James Scongack, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Operational Services, Bruce Power
- Dr Rebecca Wong, Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, U of T and Staff Radiation Oncologist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network
More information about SON EO events and activities can be found at saugeenojibwaynation.ca.
The Saugeen Ojibway Nation Environment Office is holding an online year end wrap-up on Thursday, December 17, 2020, from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM.
SON members – members of Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation and Saugeen First Nation – are invited to join the SON EO staff as they look back at the work of the EO over the past year, and reveal what they have planned for 2021.
Please register online to take part: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7016073530453/WN_ZRN4Az9ITPS-lwN8S7K5eg
This webinar will also be streamed live on the Environment Office’s Facebook page.