The Nshiime Daycare Centre is seeking tenders for a Snow Removal Contract, to run November 2020 – April 2022, for the Nshiime Daycare premises located at 255 Prairie Road, Neyaashiinigmiing, Ontario N0H 2T0. Band members or contractors with Indigenous ancestry will be preferred.
Brief Description of Contractor Duties:
- Removal of snow and ice is to be completed weekdays prior to 7:30 AM, or as requested by the Supervisor, to ensure safe pedestrian and vehicular travel for entrance into the Daycare, the Daycare parking lot and the blacktop surface behind the daycare.
- Snow will be removed after any storm, whenever a snow blockage occurs, or when snow accumulations exceed six (6) inches.
- A light mixture of sand and salt/enviro salt will be applied to slippery areas to ensue safety and good conditions for winter parking and pedestrian traffic, at all times.
- The contractor will ensure that snow banks built up over the winter season do not obstruct the vision of oncoming traffic, and allow access to the outdoor air handling unit and garbage bins. Accumulated banked snow is to be removed and transported to an off-site location upon request of the Supervisor.
- The contractor will provide their own equipment, fuel, salt/enviro salt and sand. Contractor will be held responsible for replacing or repairing any Daycare assets damaged while fulfilling these duties. Proof of a comprehensive general liability insurance policy is required upon submission of a bid.
All interested contractors are encouraged to request a detailed tender requirements package from the Daycare and to inspect the grounds prior to submitting their bid.
All written bids, with complete documentation, are to be submitted to the Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation Board of Education Office in a sealed envelope that is clearly marked: “TENDER FOR SNOW REMOVAL CONTRACT – DAY CARE PREMISES”. Submissions will be time and date stamped at the front desk.
Bids must be submitted by 4:00 PM, Thursday November 19, 2020.
The lowest or any bid will not necessarily be accepted. Late bids will not be considered.
For further information or enquiries, please contact Kathy Jones, Supervisor: