Updated: Mar. 7, 2023
To book a medical ride, please call: 519-534-2165 during business hours: Mon – Fri: 8:30am-4:30pm
After hours telephone number for medical transportation: 519-375-0288
- Must be booked at least 48 hours (2 days) in advance. Driver may not be able to wait for client.
- Advise Health Benefit Clerk (not driver) of time of return trip if known
- Contact Health Benefit Clerk for return trip when appointment is completed.
- Pick up location for return trip must be the same as drop off location
UNPLANNED MEDICAL TRIP
- If a driver is available, the client can book an unplanned trip if;
- The client was on a waiting list
- The client requires non-life-threatening urgent treatment.
- There will be no additional stops when traveling via medical transportation except when a new prescription must be filled, providing the driver has no immediate scheduled trip.
- Clients may be eligible for private mileage reimbursement when they have approved medical local appointments
- After hours or weekend medical trips may be eligible for mileage when A Confirmation of Attendance has been submitted
- Signed and dated attendance forms are processed every 2 weeks, please have your forms in before 10:00 am on Wednesdays
- Cheques are available of every 2 weeks after 2:00 p.m. Please ask Josh when you can expect your cheque.
LONG DISTANCE TRIPS
- Must be booked with required documentation 20 working days in advance.
- Must have prior approval from the Health Benefits Clerk.
- Must have a referral letter from your family physician.
- Must have a letter or appointment card from the specialist confirming the date, time and location.
- All receipts must be submitted to the Health Benefits Clerk within 2 working days following the appointment.
- All children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- CSA approved safety seats to be provided by client for the trip
- Be ready at the booked time
- Have Confirmation of Attendance forms signed receptionist, physician or nurse.
- Supervise your children or bring someone who will
- Complaints must be in writing and addressed to the Health Benefits Clerk,
- If no resolution, the written complaint should be forwarded to the Health Manager
- If no resolution, the written complaint should be forwarded to the First Nation Administrator.