Nawash Post-Secondary Assistance Program (NPSAP)
The objectives of the NPSAP program are to:
- Provide financial assistance, subject to the availability of funding, to eligible Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation band members in pursuit of Post Secondary education.
- Assist Post Secondary students with the tools and resources necessary to graduate with the qualifications comparable to other Canadians with similar educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Improve the employability of the Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation band members by providing eligible students with access to education and skills development opportunities at the post secondary level. This is expected to lead to greater participation of students in post secondary studies, higher Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation graduation rates from post secondary programs, and to improve individual, family and community well-being for band members.
- Ensure that a maximum number of Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation band members are approved for assistance under the NPSAP criteria.
The NPSAP is not a full funding program. Students who have educational costs that are higher than the maximum allowances under the NPSAP are encouraged to seek and secure supplementary financial assistance. Please see Appendix A for a list of scholarships and bursaries.
To apply, please read the NPSAP Policy and fully complete the Nawash Post Secondary Financial Assistance Application form.
- Direct Deposits for Living Allowance will be deposited on the last business day of the month for the upcoming month.
- Book Allowance for eligible students will be deposited for September and January with the living allowance payment. Book receipts are no longer required.
- Spring/Summer 2021 Final Marks are due no later than September 15th.
- Spring/Summer 2021 (May – August) Applications for financial assistance are due: March 1st. For further information, please refer to the NPSAP Policy.
- Fall 2021/Winter 2022 (September – April) Applications for financial assistance are due: May 1st.
- 2021/22 Fall/Winter Post Secondary Application: Please complete and submit all required or outstanding documentation for your application by May 1, Midnight. Incomplete applications will forfeit their spot and the next completed application will be taken from the wait-list, by priority and according to the date received.