Jordan’s Principle will continue operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. To learn more or if you have a Jordan’s Principle case, please contact our local navigator for assistance with your application.
Jordan’s Principal is a child-first principle that ensures there are no gaps in publicly-funded health, social and educational programs, services or supports for First Nations children through substantive equality.
What you will need to fill out an application:
- Child’s name, DOB, address and Indian Status Card number (if registered)
- Parent/Guardian name and contact information
- Reason for your request/identify the child’s unmet need
- Description of the product/service being requested and how it will address the child’s unmet need
- Quotes for items/services being requested
- Documents pertaining to any Assessments, IEP and diagnosis
- Letter of support from: Medical/Health Personnel, Elder, Mental Health Counselor
What types of programs, services, and supports are covered?
HEALTH: Mobility aids, wheelchair ramps, services from Elders, assessments and screening, medical supplies/equipment, mental health services
SOCIAL: Social workers, land-based activities, respite care, personal support workers, specialized programs based on cultural beliefs and practices
EDUCATIONAL: School supplies, tutoring services, teaching assistant, Psycho-educational assessment, assistive technology/electronics
More services are eligible. Please discuss your needs with the Jordan's Principle Navigator.