Beginning July 6, 2020, Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation will welcome non-resident band members who wish to visit the community. Safety precautions are being taken to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health of both community and non-resident members.
Please read the following safety restrictions. If you feel you cannot follow these restrictions, plan your visit for another time.
- All persons shall comply with Council motions, federal, and provincial orders, legislation and recommendations relating to COVID-19 pandemic and curbing its spread
- No person experiencing COVID-19 symptoms shall enter Chippewas of Nawash lands
- No person who has received a positive COVID-19 test result, or who has pending results of a test, may enter Chippewas of Nawash Lands until they receive a negative test result
- No person who has been in close contact with someone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or someone who has taken a COVID-19 test, shall enter Chippewas of Nawash lands for a period of 14 days from date of that contact, or until that person has received a negative COVID-19 test result
- Any person developing COVID-19 symptoms while visiting Chippewas of Nawash shall immediately self-isolate for a period of 14 days
- There shall be no group gatherings of more than 10 people
- Each person shall maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres/6 feet from any person who is not a member of their household.
- If safe physical distancing cannot be maintained, a mask covering nose and mouth must be worn by all people within that space.
We will be collecting some information to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a positive or suspected COVID-19 case, and to assist in efficient transit at the monitoring station. This helps protect everyone. The collected contact information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the specific purpose of contact tracing, and only if required. All collected contact information will be destroyed 6 months after it is collected, or when the state of emergency is withdrawn by Council, whichever is sooner.
A visiting non-resident band member must submit a request to the Health Centre a minimum of two business days prior to the date of arrival providing the following information:
- the full name, permanent address and phone number of each person in your visiting group
- the make, model and vehicle plate number of each vehicle a visitor or group who wishes to enter the reserve will be using
- where the visitor will be staying while in Neyaashiinigmiing
- the intended duration of the visitor’s stay
Contact Suzy Jones, Community Health Representative with your information.
Office Phone: 519-534-0373 ext 224
Cell phone (text or call): 519-375-6896