Update: January 11, 2022
Many community members have been inquiring about why these test have not been delivered to each household. This is a great question. The reason is, unfortunately, Rapid COVID-19 Tests are not designed to withstand freezing temperatures which we have been experiencing here in Neyaashiinigming – therefore delivering them to each household is not feasible.
January 7th, 2022:
With the number of COVID-19 cases having recently spiked in Neyaashiinigmiing due to the highly contagious variant, Omicron, we have been working diligently behind the scenes to obtain supplies that can potentially identify positive COVD-19 cases earlier in order to help reduce the spread of the virus.
We have now received Rapid COVID-19 Testing Kits.
If you are a resident living in Neyaashiinigmiing displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or suspect you may have it, please call the Health Centre at 519-534-0373. A medical professional will conduct a COVID-19 assessment over the phone and depending on the outcome will deliver a Rapid COVID-19 Testing Kit to your home.
Please note, these tests are only available to individuals living in Neyaashiinigmiing.
THE MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 INCLUDE:
- Fever (a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher) and/or chills
- Cough, including a barking cough or croup (continuous, more than usual, making a whistling noise when breathing)
- Shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell
- Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Muscle aches, joint pain and/or extreme tiredness
- Congestion or runny nose
More information can be found here: https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/About-Us/News-Releases/ArticleID/971/Updated-Eligibility-for-PCR-Testing-and-Case-and-Contact-Management-Guidance-in-Ontario