The Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation is seeking proposals for an Electoral Officer for the Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation General Election 2021.
The closing date for proposals is Friday April 23, 2021, 4:00 PM.
The successful proposal:
- Will reflect experience and training received on how to conduct an election pursuant to the Indian Act, and understanding of the Indian Band Election Regulations electoral process.
- Will demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in the preparation of the ‘Electoral Officer (EO)’s Report’
- Will address the following benchmarks for the General Election 2021 not limited to but inclusive of:
- No later than May 26, 2021, the EO will post the Notice of Nomination Meeting and Voters List in the community, and mail out notices of same to off-reserve members
- No later than June 24, 2021, a Nomination Meeting to be held and Notice of Poll posted in the community and advertised to membership
- No later than July 2, 2021, the mail out of voting packages to off-reserve members
- August 6th 2021, Election Day
Applicants may submit their Proposal in a number of ways.
By mail or in person, clearly labelled, to:
Electoral Officer Proposal
Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation
135 Lakeshore Blvd
By email, with the subject line “Electoral Officer Proposal”, to:
By fax, with the cover page clearly labelled “Electoral Officer Proposal”, to: