The Nawash Health Centre conducted a second large vaccination clinic March 3. 132 residents and staff received the first dose of the 2-dose Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, bringing the total of first dose vaccinations in the community to 355. We are fast approaching our goal of vaccinating a minimum of 75-80% of adults in the community to achieve community “herd immunity” to the COVID-19 virus.
Our first two clinics gave 73 older and vulnerable residents the first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. On March 10, the Nawash Health Centre will be holding a vaccination clinic at the Maadookii Seniors Centre to administer the second dose of the Moderna vaccine to those 73 first recipients. To avoid crowding and line-ups, this second shot will also be by appointment only. If you received your first shot of the Moderna vaccine at the Maadookii Seniors Centre, please call the Nawash Health Centre at 519-534-0373 to schedule your second shot. Owing to limited vaccine supply, we can’t be certain when we will have doses of the Moderna vaccine on hand again, so it is important that everybody who received their first dose also receive their second dose at the March 10 clinic.
We are pleased by the success of our vaccination program thus far and we are committed to ensuring that every adult that wants a vaccine is able to get one soon. After the Moderna second doses have been administered, we will hold clinics for the following demographics:
- off-reserve members: a first-dose clinic to be held in Owen Sound.
- on-reserve members: an evening first-dose clinic for those adults not able to make previous vaccination clinics
- on-reserve members: a second-dose clinic for those who have received a first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
We will update the public as soon as the dates, times and locations for future clinics have been finalized. We thank you for your patience.
Whether vaccinated or not, all community members are asked to continue to observe pandemic protocols until further notice.
- Wear a mask outside your home.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Watch your distance and stay 2 meters away from people you don’t live with.