Nawash FN Water Treatment Plant (WTP) and Distribution System project will provide clean water to the Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation (CNUFN) in a sustainable way, ensuring continuous and safe access to this invaluable resource.
The plant will be located south of the intersection of Wilmer’s Road and Pit Road. The project has two main components, 1) the Water Treatment Plant (WTP) and 2) the Water Distribution System.
- CNUFN Chief and Council via the AdHoc WTP Committee
- CNUFN Capital Manager and Capital Assistant
- CNUFN Water Treatment & Distribution Manager (Fred Dubeau, ORO)
- Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Professional Project Manager – Colliers Project Leaders
- Design Consultant – Associated Engineering and other subconsultants as needed
The Committee members and Project Team are in continuous communication to ensure that the project is carried out in the set timeframe, and that the needs and concerns of the community are addressed and considered as an integral part of the development of the project.
Current Project Status
- 66% design for Water Treatment Plant ongoing.
- 66% design for Distribution System ongoing.
- Due diligence studies ongoing.
- Borehole investigations for treatment plant and distribution system completed.
- Preparing pre-qualification document for General Contractor.
- Equipment pre-selection for Treatment package unit.
- Equipment pre-selection for pre-fabricated booster pumping stations.
What Will it Look Like?
Diagram showing the completed 33% design.
Where Will it be Located?
If you have questions about the project, please contact the Water Treatment Plant Manager, Fred Dubeau (O.R.O.) at 519-534-4599, or email@example.com, or the Capital Assistant, Caleb Keeshig at 519-378-6092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.