Senior’s Apartment Complex
After years of planning, construction started on a large, residential addition to Maadookii in 2002, and the first occupant,
elder Winona Arriga, took up residence in the spring of 2004. The new building is attached to Maadookii and will provide a
wider range of services for our elders, including health care and nursing.
On two floors, the building has:
- 6 one bedroom apartments, each 748 sq ft, including kitchen, dining/living area, bathroom, bedroom and storage area
- 4 two bedroom apartments, each 893 sq ft, including kitchen, dining/living area, bathroom, two bedrooms and storage area
- 3 bachelor apartments, each 300 sq ft of living and sleeping areas lounge, exercise room and program space
- radiant heating (hot water piped under the floors)
- energy saving fluorescent lighting
The building is accessible to those in wheel chairs. Future plans include nursing units.
Help us with our work
Maadookii Seniors are in the process of obtaining their charitable status. Please contact us to find out how you can contribute to our work.
#229-33 Maadookii Crescent
Sod Turning for the new Seniors Building, June 7 2001 – 2000
Left to right:
Marie Morgan, Stella Johnston, Ernie Nadjiwon,
Isabel Millette, Ross Johnston